04 November 2016
Report no: TRS2016/5/238
Buick Street, Petone - Proposed P180 Mobility Parking Restriction (Copy to: Petone Community Board)
Purpose of Report
1. The purpose of this report is to seek Council’s approval for installation of a P180 Mobility Park Restriction in Buick Street, Petone, as shown in Appendix 1 attached to this report.
That the Subcommittee recommends that Council approves the installation of a P180 Mobility Park Restriction in Buick Street, Petone, as shown in Appendix 1 attached to this report.
2. Council has received a request from the Petone Baptist Church, Nº 38 Buick Street, to provide a Mobility Park Restriction in the area.
3. The Petone Baptist Church administrator states that there are several mobility impaired people who attend the church and there is no mobility park in the vicinity of the church.
4. The church administrator also notes that other businesses and fountain users will also benefit from a mobility parking restriction.
5. The installation of a P180 Mobility Park Restriction, as shown in Appendix 1 to this report, will provide an allocated mobility park in the area.
6. The options are:
a. To take no action and accept that no mobility parks are provided in the area or,
b. To install the P180 mobility park restriction as proposed.
7. A plan of the proposal and a petition form was forwarded to the Petone Baptist Church administrator who consulted the two directly affected properties at Nº 36 Buick Street and Nº300 Jackson Street.
· Both consulted properties signed a petition in support of the proposed P180 Mobility Park.
8. At the time of printing the agenda, the Petone Community Board meeting had not been held. The Board’s resolution will be separately circulated.
9. This restriction is made pursuant to the provisions of the Hutt City Council Traffic Bylaw 2007 (Amended 20 November 2014).
10. These changes can be funded from Council’s 2016/2017 signs and markings budget.
11. In making this recommendation, officers have given careful consideration to the purpose of local government in section 10 of the Local Government Act 2002. Officers believe that this recommendation falls within the purpose of the local government as it provides an improved level of service for Mobility Card holders. It does this in a way that is cost-effective because it uses standard road markings and signage.
Buick Street - Proposed P180 Mobility Park Restriction 42.2016 16/1220
Author: Sylvio Leal
Reviewed By: Zackary Moodie
Approved By: Lyle Earl
Traffic Assets Manager